Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset


When we moved to Arizona 24 years ago, we were driving down the street in front of the Paradise Valley Mall, when I commented to my husband how depressingly brown everything was. About five years later, we were driving down the same sreet when I mentioned what a pretty area of town we were in. It was then we both remembered my previous comment and started to laugh. After living in the dessert for a while you begin to appreciate its unique beauty. But it wasn't until we moved to our current location (which was once on the outskirts of town) that I really learned to appreciate the Grand Canyon State. From my back porch I am treated to dazzling sunrises and from my front porch spectacular sunsets. Even after eleven years, they never fail to thrill me. I love both sunrises and sunsets. I have come to view a sunrise as God's first gift of the morning. Here is one of those gifts for you to enjoy as well.

1 comment:

Donise Price said...

Do you feel like a true Arizonan yet? It has finally hit Lloyd that this is home to him.