Monday, June 22, 2009

Tags and a Swinging Good Time in MO

I got the 8 Things Tag from Lisa at Pulsipher Page. Thanks Lisa!! I loved reading your list. Here is mine.



Favorite TV Shows
None--I am sorry to say. We moved the TV out of the upstairs family room a few years ago and I never wanted to go downstairs just to watch TV so I quit watching. Now I don’t even know what shows are on. (I am so out of touch!!)

8 Things I did Yesterday

Made breakfast for my husband
Went to church
Took a short nap (loved that!)
Cooked dinner
Finished reading Nicholas and Alexandra. (Book #3 for the summer!)
Visited with Ryan and Kali who came by for Father’s Day.
Visited online with Camille, Dave and Carly
Visited with our neighbors Bryan and Connie who came over and brought very yummy cookies.
(Remember it was Sunday, today I will get a lot more work done)

8 Favorite Restaurants

Cafe Rio
Macaroni Grill
Wildflower Bread Company
Corner Bakery Café
Abuelos
Carvers
P.F. Changs
Bajios



8 Things I am Looking Forward To

Going on a cruise next month with my husband and three daughters
Getting caught up on my laundry
Christmas break when my two college girls come back home to visit
Christmas break when Camille, Dave and Carly come to visit
Getting the list for my new seminary class so I can start meeting them.
Getting caught up on thank you notes, graduation cards and wedding gifts.
My youngest daughter getting her driver’s license (She told me to write that, I am actually terrified at the thought).
Losing ten pounds.

And now I tag anyone out there who wants to do this. But be sure and let me know so I can read your posts!


~~~~~~~~~~~
Also . . . we just got back from visiting friends on a mission at Adam ondi Ahman in Missouri. We had such a great time, (I will post pictures of that trip and our Chicago Family Reunion Adventure later this week) One of the biggest hits of our stay in MO was the swing in the front yard.

Michelle loved it!












Kathryn loved it!








And never to be left out of an adventure . . . Even Wes got on it!!



Fun times were had by all!

9 comments:

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Thanks for playing. Going on a cruise next month. Fun! Those swinging pictures are great. To bad there wasn't a pond to jump into.

Rebecca Irvine said...

The swing looks super fun. And it looks so green in MO compared to here. I have to keep saying to myself, "It's humid there!" (I hate high humidity).

Anonymous said...

nobody, young or old, can resist a great tree swing.

Michelle said...

mom, why didn't you post your pictures?

Emma T said...

That swing looks like so much fun!! And I love how green every thing looks. I am glad you had such a great time. I am looking forward to seeing more of your pictures later this week.

MissKris said...

That swing does look like a lot of fun. Too bad there's not a picture of you on it.

justmeagain said...

I love the picture of your husband on the swing!!! Very cute.

Joy For Your Journey said...

Okay my girls know I was also on the swing, but I didn't really love any of the pictures of me on it--so . . . sorry girls, but I am not going to post them. :-) And they had better not show up on Facebook!

alpinekleins said...

I loved reading all your favorite things - we continue to have much in common:) How was Nicholas and Alexandria - looking for a good book I am . . .

Kristin