I have heard it said that a good thing to do when life gets challenging is to count your blessings. So since this past week in many ways qualifies for the definition of "challenging" . . . here goes.
I am grateful that . . .
1. Today is Friday. That means that for two days I get to sleep in past 4:30 a.m.!!
2. Our weather has finally dipped below 100 degrees!! Hooray for that!
3. With cooler weather in the morning I started taking the dog for a brisk walk after seminary and that has proved to be the secret to better behavior all day!! After the walk she is content to lounge around until Michelle gets home at 3.
4. I am going to the temple this afternoon with my sweet husband. And afterwards we will go to Rosa's for Mexican food. The food there is good, but the tomatillo salsa alone is worth the two hour round trip drive.
5. Speaking of my sweet husband, he is also incredibly romantic. He sends me a sweet love note every morning when he gets to work (via email) calls me at lunch time, brings me flowers a couple times a month, treats me to lunch every Wednesday, writes sweet notes for me on sticky paper that he leaves on my computer in the morning, gives me foot massages. And he helps with the dishes!! Am I lucky or what!??!
6. Tomorrow I get to attend a baptism and the Relief Society Broadcast. I love that meeting!! It is always so empowering and enlightening.
7. I am so grateful for friends who do not let me retreat from the world when I start feeling down. Thanks to you all for telephone conversations that make me laugh and thoughts you send that bring comfort.
8. Facebook. Okay, I really only got on to spy on my kids (wanted to see pictures of all those things they are doing while away at college) and now I love it!! Not only can I send them little messages during the day, see who their friends are, keep up with friends from high school, etc., but at 11:30 at night when they are still on FB, I can send a message saying,"Go to bed!"
9. Trials. Yes, I am even grateful for them since they make the blessings we have oh, so much sweeter.
10. We have made it through one more week with everyone healthy, happy, and employed
So what are you feeling grateful for?