Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Husband Thinks I'm Pretty Cool . . . or was that Crazy?

To celebrate my friend Lisa's birthday we went with her, her husband, and another couple to
the red rock country of Sedona, Arizona!
It is about an hour and a half drive north of Phoenix, and cooler.

While there, we went on a jeep tour (guaranteed to provide an adrenalin rush) with our
guide Rocky.
We admired the foliage

And pondered the rock formations.


After the tour--which did have its adrenalin moments--we decided to take our own tour up Oak Creek Canyon to Slide Rock.
This is a natural water slide with about 36 degree water running over it.
In the summer it warms up a bit more and provides great relieve from the heat.
But in the fall it is just pretty darn cold!!
So, why did I get in it??
Especially since I don't even get in our swimming pool until the water temperature is about 85 degrees!
(By the way, that look on my face is PAIN!)


Because one of these men told me that if I got in, he would too!
(And he thought he was pretty safe saying that.)


So take that, Doctor B!!
Next time you might not want to be so quick to offer a challenge! :-)


And it was worth it!!
(Now that was an adrenalin rush!)
And although there were a couple times the cold took my breath away
and my fingers ached for about 20 minutes afterwards,
my husband kept telling me how impressed he was with me.
And that alone was worth the pain! :-)

9 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Oh yes, you are Cool! and maybe a little cold too=]

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

You Rock!

Momza said...

I hope you got a loud applause as you surfaced from the water!
You deserved it!

MissKris said...

I will never bet against you.

Anonymous said...

You are having too much fun.

I love the photos.

Heidi said...

Wow! I'll bet it was worth it.

alpinekleins said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm on a great little get away to visit my children in Ohio and North Carolina and I'm having the greatest fun - but just been to busy visiting to blog :)

((hugs))

Kristin

Dave and Camille said...

Haha... good job mom! I'm impressed - there's no way I would have done that.

Da Bergs said...

You are so fun! I love that you got in the water!