Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Believe in Miracles

Those who read my last post know my husband is home today recuperating from surgery and looking like the star of a Rocky movie. Last night, as the swelling in his face increased, so did his pain. Only half an hour after taking his pain medication, he was asking for more--which I did not give him. (I felt bad about it, but I also didn't want him getting sick on pain meds) So, instead he asked for a priesthood blessing. I called our neighbor, who called another friend and they came over. Providentially a third friend also showed up at the same time so all three participated.

Afterwards they visited for a few minutes and then the men went home. Wes stayed up though, checking emails and getting a snack. Half an hour after he would have been able to take his pain medication again, I asked him if he wanted any. He declined. He said that the second the men placed their hands on his head the pain stopped and he hadn't felt any pain since that time. He had a relatively good night's sleep and is now insisting on going to his church meetings tonight--despite the fact that both his eyes are nearly swollen shut.

Men! Gotta love 'em! But how thankful we are for priesthood blessings and that we live in a day of miracles!

5 comments:

Momza said...

I am so grateful for the Priesthood, and glad for you and your sweetheart that he rec'd a blessing. How do others get thru this life without it? I can't imagine. Thx for sharing. You're a good Wife!

Terri said...

Hey, I am not very good at this blog formatting thing, my kids mostly have to help me, but how do I put your link on my blog? I want to add it so I can just link in. Do you know? And I want Camille's to link too. How is that sweet baby?

Erin Spenc said...

I'm glad he's feeling a little less pain. We'll keep him in our prayers.

justmeagain said...

I saw the pictures. Ouch! Give him our best.

Meredith said...

I'm so glad Uncle Wes is feeling ok -ish, surgery can be horrible. He sounds just like my dad with trying to go to meetings no matter what. Wagner men are just a bit crazy!