Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Some Really Good News!

A couple weeks ago I wrote about a mother in our stake who passed away from cancer, just a day before her son's missionary papers were submitted. I heard from several of you asking me to let you know when he received his call and where he would be serving.

Well, tonight he opened his call and will be going to Helsinki, Finland!! That is where his mother is from and where she also served her mission. (It is also one of the hardest languages in the world to learn:-)

I have not talked to Brian personally, however, my daughter was there at the time he opened his call and had the phone up for me to hear. From all the screaming that went on, I am guessing there is a lot of excitement at his house tonight! What a wonderful blessing!

7 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

I have to comment that Finnish IS the hardest language according to the US military. I know this because my husband had to learn the 2nd hardest: Korean.

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Congrats to having another worthy young man serve. I'm sure it was not by coincidence he was called to serve where his mother is from = )

may

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

That is exciting. What a blessing for him and the rest of his family. God does work in mysterious ways.

Momza said...

Is this family's last name Smith?

Rebecca Irvine said...

Cool (and very cold!) :-)

Shannon said...

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

Small House said...

Oh my word...this about killed me. SAD! But I can't think of a better place for a heart to heal than serving a mission. Good for this young man.
Sandra