Saturday, March 20, 2010

High On A Mountain Top--Near Sunset

I decided I needed to hike West Wing Mountain one more time before spring break ended, (while I still had the energy to do it) but this time just before sunset. And this time I took my camera!
I love the colors on the mountain at this time of night.

And how the sunlight illuminates the wild flowers.



There is a wonderful variety of flora, most of which is nice to look at but not to touch.

The wildflowers were all in bloom. That doesn't happen every year, just on special years when there is a lot of rain.
I love this picture!

And this one. I especially like the lighting and the view of the mountains in the distance.

I made it up and back down just before the sun set. What a beautiful way to end a vacation!

May you always find . . . joy in your journey!

9 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Wow -- makes me wish I were there. I've never seen Arizona look so green.

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

beautiful!

MissKris said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! And they each had the perfect border :)

I canNOT wait to be home! LOVE Arizona!!!

Emma T said...

Oh, wow!! That is so beautiful! I have never really thought of Arizona as being pretty before. Thanks for posting the pics.

Momza said...

Are you printing and copying any of these? They are really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

it looks amazing!

DianeSS said...

What a beautiful world we live in! We see that each place has it's own unique beauty, when we make the effort to discover it. Thanks for showing us what is special about your corner of the world.

*K said...

Those pictures are so pretty! i love it! Can't wait to come home!!!

Marilyn said...

So spectacular. Now I'm wanting to get out and head to our nearest hills too before the flowers are gone!