But this week has been different!! With it being spring break, I have forced myself to stay in bed until 6:30--most days.
And the results? Oh the things you can do with just a little more sleep!
1. Watched a BYU-H basketball game. Unfortunately they lost which was oh, so sad, especially since my husband already bought a plane ticket to what would have been their next game in Massachusetts!
2. Went for a five-six mile bike ride. Which taught me that I really am in as bad of shape as I thought I was.
3. Had my son and his very cute wife over for dinner TWICE!
4. Cleaned out the kitchen mail box!
I forgot to take a "before" picture, but imagine all those boxes stuffed with papers. It took me a good hour to clean it, and some of the papers I found were dated back to 1998!
5. Cleaned off the top of my fridge. All of those items have found a new home now.
And a cute little plaque my sister gave me has taken their place! (Appropriate, don't you think?)
If I had any degree of pride, I wouldn't even show you the picture below. Believe me, this desk was clean at the start of the school year, but day by day, paper by paper, it has gotten completely destroyed.
But with all my extra energy I quickly (okay it took several hours) whipped that desk back into shape!! I can actually find everything I need now.
This morning was so beautiful. The wildflowers were all in bloom and a quick rainstorm had just come through and left everything looking so clean. AND I FORGOT MY CAMERA!! Which means of course, that there will need to be at least one more sunrise climb in the next week.
8. Spent time at the lake with friends, having a picnic and playing badminton. It was gorgeous up there and once again I forgot my camera, but my friend Lisa took pictures so I will have to get them from her. (What kind of a blogger doesn't take a camera?)
9. Service. Tuesday night we made green cupcakes and frosted them with green icing and delivered them around the neighborhood early Wednesday morning. We also cut out shamrocks and green footprints and put them on people's houses who had small children. We probably looked a little crazy up at 6 (one of the mornings I didn't sleep in) running around the neighborhood taping green footprints to people's doors.
10. And since we didn't spend any money on a trip this year, I splurged and got a pedicure.
It has been a great week. But now I am ready to get back to work, and back to no sleep.:-)