Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some Great Advice for Daily Living

I recently read this post from Becky Irvine . It is called "The Optimist Creed"and she found it in a book she has. I thought it was such good advice --some of it just what I needed to hear--that I have "borrowed" it from her to post here.

Commit Yourself:

-To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

-To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

-To make all your friends feel that there is something special in them.

-To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

-To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

-To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

-To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements of the future.

-To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

-To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

-To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Another post that also has good advice that I am sure you will want to check out is Nature Girl. Loved it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That IS great advice. Life is what it is so optimism can only make it better :)

justmeagain said...

I love little quotes and thoughts. I will have to print up some of these as reminders.

Unknown said...

ps. 660 TNRB is apparently MissKris's work name.

Emma T said...

Optimism is always a good thing to practice. These days it is so easy to be pessimistic. But sometimes just having a good attitude or a good sense of humor can make all the difference in the world.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Glad to know you enjoyed it enough to give a post. I think it deserves it.

alpinekleins said...

Wow - wouldn't that be AWESOME! Especially the part about being just as enthusiastic over other's successes. What a world it would be :)

Kristin

NatureGirl said...

Thank you so much for the compliment and link to my blog. I LOVED your post. One or two of those really, truly struck a chord today. Thank you for sharing!!!

Momza said...

See, if I DID believe in tattooing myself, I would tattoo stuff like this on myself to remind me of the good things in life every minute of every day.
Optimism is so needed.
Great post, Sister Joy.

Toyota22 said...

hey,nice page =)

pls visit back:

http://worldandeverything.blogspot.com/

thank you =)

Expat in Germany said...

Beautiful and uplifting to read. Imagine what a place the world would be if everyone followed this advice.