Sunday, March 14, 2010

SPRING BREAK!! HALELUJAH!!!

It is Spring Break!!
Which means . . .
Fun times with family,
Sleeping in past 4:30 a.m.,
Getting caught up on a myriad of projects,
Missing my seminary students!


Already we have had a fun time.


On Friday night we met up with my husband's brother Wilford, who was in town from Chicago for a convention. He brought along his friend Tim Ruettiger.




For anyone who has seen the movie, "Rudy" the name Ruettiger should be familiar.


Tim is the younger brother of Danny Ruettiger--or the real live "Rudy".


On Sunday morning Wilford and Tim also came to our house for breakfast and then attended one of the sacrament meetings in our stake. Tim comes from a very strong Catholic family and so he and Wilford teased each other a lot about how they were out to convert the other.


Tim was a very good sport to go to church with Wilford while here.
And we loved meeting him.


Also on Friday we went to dinner with Wes' brother, two sisters and their husbands at a very fun Mexican restaurant in Chandler, AZ.

Unfortunately Dan forgot his glasses and had to borrow a pair from his wife.

Very Cute Dan!


AND . . .

Today is March 14!

I gave these balloons to my husband exactly one month ago and they are still floating.


Proof that my love is ever lasting.:-)

Overheard at church . . "I love all my children, but sometimes some of them shine brighter than the others. And I like to go where the sunshine is."

6 comments:

Momza said...

We own that movie "RUDY"...wow, you're pretty special!
Enjoy your break!

Handsfullmom said...

I love that quote at the end!

Emma T said...

Oh how cool to meet the brother of Rudy! And to feed him breakfast. I love that movie but haven't watched it in a long time. I will have to get it out and see it again.

Suzanne said...

Count down to my spring break is 2 1/2 weeks. I am literally counting the minutes!

Cool beans about the two trying to convert each other! I love when people with different backgrounds can be great friends!

Hope you have a lovely day! -Suzanne

Dave and Camille said...

I think that quote means you need to come visit me! :) Ha!

*K said...

well that explains why i'm the favorite. i think that's cute that the balloons are still floating. :)