Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weddings and Proms! What a Weekend!

This weekend was so much fun!! We had the opportunity to attend the wedding of our neighbor, Natalie to her now husband Andrew. We have known both since they were born and have watched them grow up. In fact, I was in the hospital the day Natalie was born--down the hall having my own baby girl, Kristen, and I worked with Andrew in seminary when he was our seminary council president.

Here is the picture of the happy couple with their grandparents in front of the Mesa Temple.


And here is my favorite picture from the wedding. The little groomsman, all dressed up and cheeks filled with animal crackers! (And not really happy about having his picture taken)

After the wedding we hurried home to get ready for Prom. A large group of kids were getting together at our Bishop's house for dinner and we were helping with the food for that. I wanted to go over and take pictures of the group, but I was also helping with the food at the wedding at the same time and so went over there. I have friends who have promised to send me pictures though so hopefully I will get those soon and can add them.
BUT . . . here is a picture of Michelle and her date Kyle, taken from my front porch. Don't they look cute!! I love how well they match!


The prom was held year at our stake center. Numerous people put in countless hours to make the evening a success. We went over earlier in the day to check it out and were amazed at how beautiful it was. The room was designed to be an Italian piazza, with little cafe tables and chairs around the edges and every inch of the walls covered in murals. It was so beautiful! I wish my pictures did a better job showing how impressive it was.

Here is a little closer up picture. Notice all the detail!




They even had a market!! So cute!


Michelle had such a wonderful time. I am sure everyone else who attended did as well.
And lastly, here is one of my favorite pictures of the day. Later in the evening I went out on my front porch and saw this! Notice the rain on the mountains being lit up by sunlight. Proof that God is still the master decorator.



13 comments:

MissKris said...

I LOVE the inside of the stake center!!!! That's amazing!
And Michelle is GORGEOUS!

Mary said...

I am so impressed with the prom! that is amazing.

Dave and Camille said...

Incredible pictures! I can't believe how they trasformed the stake center. And I agree with Kris - Michelle is gorgeous!!! You need to blow up your last picture and frame it... it's amazing!

Unknown said...

I love what they did for the stake center...it's transformed! I imagine all the hard work that went into that...amazing.

Rebecca Irvine said...

that last picture is breathtaking. You should send that in to the TV stations.

Michelle looks fabulous! Here dress is adorable.

Shannon said...

Your Stake Center looks amazing! Someone(s) put in a TON of work. I hope all the kids had a great time. Love Michelle's dress, too.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Love your daughters dress. The decorations are amazing. Seriously someone had quite a vision.

Guess who is almost engaged?

Handsfullmom said...

Wow -- those decorations are really amazing. How wonderful that people are willing to make this such a nice event for everyone. And Michelle looks lovely in her beautiful dress!

Momza said...

You stay SO busy...how do you keep your energy level up?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Momza said...

oh p.s. Michelle made that dress look as gorgeous as it does. She could make a burlap sack look like a prom dress.

Suzanne said...

WOW! That prom looked AMAZING!! Hats off to you guys for doing that for the youth! That is such an amazing gift to give them! Have a lovely day! -Suzanne

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Prom looked incredible! My two youngest children are Andrew and Natalie. :)

Da Bergs said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE STAKE CENTER!!!!! AMAZING!!!! a LOT of work went into that... it is beautiful!!! (I have never seen a stake center look THAT wonderful!!!) VERY COOL!!!